The Scheme of "Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship" for Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as "Maulana Azad National Scholarship" Scheme. It was started by the Foundation in academic year 2003-04. The main purpose of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students belonging to national minorities, who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
The Scholarship Scheme of the Foundation is very popular scheme and its sanctioning quota is increasing year by year. Till date 8,84,864 girl students have been assisted with Rs.669.36 crore by the Foundation since Inception spread all over the country.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is meant for only girl students belonging to the six notified minority communities which include Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi religions. The details of the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Applicants studying in class 9 to 12 can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades (aggregate) in the previous class.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not be more than INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
To make the scholarship application process easy for the applicants, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) allows students to apply online for the scholarship through its scholarship portal. Find below the steps to fill the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship application form.
- Visit the official NSP website
- Applicants applying for the first time need to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal by filling the ‘Student Registration Form’.
Want to learn more about this course?
Ask our Experts today about the program and career guidance.