By- Akanksha Yadav
What is the CGPET 2023 exam?
The full form of the CGPET exam is the Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test. The conducting authority of this exam is the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB). After passing this exam, aspirants get admission into various UG engineering programmes offered by participating institutes/colleges in the state. Admissions are given on the basis of scores obtained by the aspirants in the CG PET 2023 entrance exam.
CG PET 2023 application form will be available on the official website of the exam ie vyapam.cgstate.gov.in. The students should check the eligibility requirements of the exam before going for registration.
CG PET 2023 exam is a pen-paper-based examination. CG PET 2023 results are announced on the official website. Students who appeared in the exam can download the CG PET answer key 2023 once it is out.
Once the examination is over, the students who will qualify for the examination will be called to participate in the CG PET 2023 counselling process. Then the students are allotted seats based on their rank secured in the qualifying exam, preference of colleges and courses and availability of seats.
What is the CG PET 2023 exam pattern?
The aspirants who are preparing for the CGPET 2023 examination, are advised to first go through the exam pattern & syllabus and know the topics that have to be examined by them. This will help them in understanding the examination better. The exam pattern of the CG PET examination is mentioned below for the student's use.
CG PET 2023 exam pattern:
- The exam is conducted in offline mode(pen and paper-based).
- The questions are asked from three major subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- The total number of questions is 150.
- The total marks are 150.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers while 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
What is the eligibility required for the CGPET 2023 exam?
The aspirants should first check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities before going for registration. The eligibility requirements for the exam are given below for the students' reference.
- The aspirant should have passed his/her class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as the compulsory subjects. The students can have chemistry, biotechnology, biology, and technical vocational courses as their optional subjects in class 12 or equivalent exams.
- The student should have a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying exam if he/she belongs to the General category. For the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/female and PWD), the minimum marks requirement is an aggregate of 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years while the upper age limit is 30 years. It basically means that the student should not be more than 30 years old as on July 1 of the exam year. For the reserved category, there is 3 years relaxation in the upper age limit.
- The student should provide a domicile certificate as per the guidelines laid down by the government.
What is the syllabus of CGPET 2023?
The subject-wise syllabus of the CGPET 2023 exam is given below.
Result & Counselling
CGPET 2023 Results:
The results of the CGPET 2023 exam will be released online on the official website of the exam. The students can download the scorecard by logging into their account using their CGPET 2023 roll number. The merit list of the exam is prepared on the basis of the student's rank obtained in the CGPET 2023 exam.
Steps to follow while downloading the CG PET 2023 result:
The students can check the result of CG PET by following the detailed steps below,
- Visit the official website
- Now click on the result link.
- Enter your roll number and click on the submit button
- The CG PET 2023 result will shown on the screen
- Download it as a PDF file.
Details mentioned on the CG PET result 2023
- Student's name
- Roll number
- Photograph & signature
- Gender and Category
- Marks obtained by the student in the exam
- The rank of the student
The counselling process for the CGPET 2023 exam will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Chattisgarh in online mode. The CG PET counselling process is divided into three rounds. The counselling process includes steps like option filling, document verification, fee payment, seat allotment, reporting etc.
The seat allotment is done on the basis of the ranks obtained by the students, seat availability and choices locked by the students.
What is the CG PET 2023 counselling process:
- In this step, the student will need to register for CG PET 2023 by providing the necessary details.
- Now, the student will upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- In this step, the student will pay the CG PET counselling fee online through a credit/debit card or internet banking.
- The students will have to fill in the institute's choices and courses as per the schedule.
- They will have the option to add, delete, modify and rearrange their choices.
- The students will have to lock their choices before the last date and take a printout along with the filled choices.
- After the choice-locking process is completed, the candidate will report to the allotted centres for the document verification process. He/She will need to bring their original documents along with photocopies to the facility centres. The exam authorities will give a receipt cum acknowledgement slip to the students after the document verification process.
Registration & Application Process
How to register for CGPET 2023 exam?
The application form for the CGPET 2023 exam is released on the official website of the exam. The students should make sure that they have all the required documents in the prescribed format before going for the registration process. Failing to provide all the documents in the prescribed format, might cause you the cancellation of your application form. Here are the steps needed during registration process.
Steps to Fill CG PET 2023 Application Form:
Step 1- CG PET registration: In this step, the student will select their choice of course and upload their photograph and signature in the prescribed format and dimensions.
Specification of Documents
3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
File should not be less than 40 KB and not more than 50kb
File should not be less than 40 KB and not more than 50 KB
Step 2 - Filling of Application Form: In this step, the student will fill in all the necessary personal information in the form and also he/she will select the exam centre of his/her choice.
Step 3- Payment of CG PET 2023 application fee: In this step, the student will pay the required application fee of CG PET 2023 online.
Step 4: Save a copy of the submitted CG PET application form- At the end, the student will submit the application form and save a copy of it for future use.
What are the CGPET 2023 application fees?
Want to learn more about this course?
Ask our Experts today about the program and career guidance.