Eligibilty & Entry Requirements
What is the eligibility required for the B.P.ES. course?
The students who are planning to pursue the Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports should make sure that they check the eligibility criteria of the program. It is important to fulfil the requirements of the program in order to get admission. If the student doesn't meet the eligibility criteria of the course, he/she will not get admission into the course. The detailed eligibility criteria for the course are given below.
- The student should have qualified for his/her class 10+2 from a recognised board.
- The minimum age of the student should be above 17 years.
- The student should have represented his/her School/District at the Inter-school /district Competition in any one of the Games/Sports.
- Some colleges conduct entrance examinations for this course. So the student should make sure that he/she qualifies for the examination with good marks in order to get admission.
- Some colleges also ask for a medical fitness certificate.
What are the subjects in the BPES course?
During the BPES course, the students study various subjects related to sports science and physical education field. The students can check the complete list of subjects below.
- Basic and systemic anatomy and physiology
- Generic elective I
- History and foundation of physical education
- Major ball games: football and volleyball
- Officiating and coaching I
- Programme orientation
- Track and field: running and jumping event
- Exercise physiology
- Fundamentals of artificial intelligence
- Generic elective 2
- Generic elective 3
- Major ball games: handball and basketball
- Officiating and coaching II
- Track and field: running and throwing
- Department elective 1
- Kinesiology and sports biomechanics
- Officiating and coaching III
- Physical education in sports in inclusive schools
- Racket game: badminton and lawn tennis
- Sports psychology
- Sports training
- Combative game: judo and boxing
- Department elective 2
- Discipline-specific elective 1
- Health education
- Officiating and coaching IV
- Skill enhancement course 1
- Athletic care ad rehabilitation
- Department elective 3
- Discipline-specific elective 2
- Fitness training and nutrition
- Specialisation elective 1
- Sports management
- Department elective 4
- Discipline-specific elective 3
- Discipline elective 4
- Generic elective 4
- National level study
- Skill enhancement course 2
- Specialisation elective 2
Study Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports at 1+ collegesView All
Want to learn more about this course?
Ask our Experts today about the program and career guidance.