Eligibilty & Entry Requirements
What is the eligiblity required for the BAMS course?
The students who are planning to pursue their career in BAMS degree should look at the eligibility criteria before sitting for the qualifying examination. Failing to fulfil the requirements of the course will result in the cancellation of the application form. The eligibility criteria for the BAMS course are given below.
1) The student must have qualified for his/her class 12th examination in the science stream with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subjects.
2) Generally the minimum percentage required for BAMS in class 12th is 50-60%. It might change depending on the college.
3) The student must have qualified for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
4) After qualifying for the examination, the student should have appeared in the centralized counselling process.
5) Admission to the BAMS course is given through counselling based on the marks obtained in the NEET exam.
Subjects in the BAMS course:
Students pursuing BAMS course get to study many subjects as part of their curriculum. The syllabus of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) is usually divided into three professional years which are given below as per various universities and colleges.
For 1st professional year (1 ½ years):
- History of Ayurveda
- Sanskrit and Samhita
- Padartha Vigyana (Ayurvedic Philosophy)
- Rachna Sharira (Anatomy)
- Kriya Sharira (Physiology)
For 2nd professional year (1 ½ year):
- Rasa shastra avam bhaisajya kalpana (Pharmaceuticals of Ayurveda)
- Dravyaguna (Material medica of ayurveda)
- Agadtantra, vyavahar ayurveda and vidhi vaidyaka (Toxicology and jurisprudence)
- Nidan/vikriti vigyana (pathology)/ nadi pariksha (pulse diagnosis)
- Swasthavritta yoga ( personal and social hygiene including dietetics)
- Charaka Samhita (A classical text of ayurveda)
For 3rd professional year (1 ½ years):
- Kaya chikitsa (general medicine including panchakarma, rasayana and vajikarana)
- Shalya tantra (general surgery and para-surgical techniques)
- Shalakya tantra (Ent, eye and dentistry)
- Prasuti tantra avam stri yoga (gynaecology and obstetrics)
- Kaumarabhritya (pediatrics)
- Medical ethics
- Health regulations
Study Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery at 12+ collegesView All
Want to learn more about this course?
Ask our Experts today about the program and career guidance.